Monday, July 2, 2012

Meeting Gonzalo...and pictures!

Buenos Tardes!

Today is my first official day of the program.  The group met up with Gonzalo (CFHI coordinator in La Paz) this morning en la Plaza Avaroa.  We walked over to his office to go over some logistics for the next 4 weeks (phone, traveling, spanish classes, etc).  We also went over our rotations.  The following is my rotation schedule for the next four weeks:
Week 1: Neumología (Pulmonology - respiratory)
Week 2: Hospital Los Andes (a hospital in El Alto) (General)
Week 3: Nefrología (Nephrology - kidney)
Week 4: Cirugía (Surgery)

Also, I figured out how I would share my pictures! ...with my iPhone, dur!

Ayer (yesterday), Jodi, Becky (yes, there is another Rebecca), and I went to Valle de la luna (no pics of that ... they will be up when I get back from La Paz, but they are gorgeous).  Then, we took a double decker bus (my first ever) around the city of La Paz.  It was a bit scary taking the double decker bus because the bus would hit the low hanging power lines!  However, we ended up at a great lookout point (pics below) that was definitely worth it.

View of La Paz from my room (breathtaking!):

View from Parque Mirador Killi Killi (in this view is Mount Illimani -6438m and the stadium where I saw Bolivar against The Strongest at Estadio Hernando Siles - 3637m):

View from Parque Mirador Killi Killi (city of La Paz):

I'm off to Spanish Class to see where I place and then meeting up with Doctora Uribe to go over rotation logistics.  I can't wait (estoy entusiasmado) for rotations to start tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Si el siguiente post no es 100% en espaniol estare muy decepcionada señorita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. second picture = amazing.
    <3 Mount Illimani

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I hate your captcha wheb trying to submit comments. i get it wrong 50% of the times

    Deberias tratar un post 100% en Español.

    ReplyDelete