Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Theater - Folklore Band Jach'a Mallku

Last night I went to the theater - Teatro Municipal "Alberto Saavdra Pérez" with my host mom, Martha.  I went to go see 25 años de Jach'a Mallku - a Bolivian folklore band that has been recording for 25 years!  It lasted about 2.5 hours with up beat folk songs using folk instruments with dancers dancing traditional Bolvian folk dances such as the Morenada, Caporales, and Kullawada.  The costumes were bright and beautiful.  I couldn't take too many pics because technically they were not allowed, but I did what I could.  Everyone knew th words to the songs and by the end, the entire audience was up on their feet dancing.

Ad in the paper advertising the show


Teatro Municipal Alberto Saavdra Pérez


Host mom Martha and I

Jach'a Mallku - Act I



Jach'a Mallku - Act II


Dancers dancing the Caporales

Here are some video clips of the show (about 10 seconds each) just to give you a taste of the folklore music:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment